Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Today I received a compilation cd and a short accompanying letter in the post from my cousin in Galway (thanks T). He's coming to Dublin next week and could have handed me the cd in person but he posted it instead. Cos it's nice to get stuff in the post. And letters are personal and tactile in a way that e-mail can't be. I like that, and I like getting (and making) compilation cds. I hope the art of making music compilations for your friends doesn't die out with the advent of i-pods and downloading. Will cds even exist in ten years? The notion of e-mailing a compilation folder or somesuch just doesn't have the same appeal. Maybe I'm just a luddite. Hey, I've got to fill space on this thing.

*Note new, considered, (mostly) non-sarcastic tone in keeping with mature. sensible new blog name

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Declan Cashin said...

Good times. These kids today don't know they're born.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger John Higgins said...

They should invent a new but retro cd player that uses big heavy chunky machinery and requires serious finger pressing to get the job done. How does a friend/loved one know you give a damn if your thumbs aren't coming out in welts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home