Sunday, December 18, 2005

Blog Awards '05:
The Drunken Reflections of an Impaired Observer

I wasn't feeling up to writing this post on Thursday (guess why), I was too lazy on Friday and I was away on Saturday. Firstly I must say that, although no actual awards were presented, I had harboured ambitions of picking up the coveted gong for Most Derogatory References to Dublin Bus in a Blog. Or, alternatively, the award for Most Unnecessary Use of Wordplay in a Blog. Or just the plain old Most Sarcastic Blog award. But no. The DITMAJ blogging community, in its wisdom, decided that no such recognition would be granted. Fine. I don't mind. Not a bit.

Here are some hazy recollections of the evening.
Being caught in the crossfire of a Simpsons quote-athon (I couldn't compete); making fun of a drunken interloper;having a dickie-bow forcibly attached to my neck;doing a very poor impersonation of Seán Connery (see dickie-bow);Jameson, Smithwick's, sambuca; meaning to remove the dickie-bow and forgetting (see Jameson, Smithwick's and sambuca); a bag of undercooked, oversalted chips; tongues loosened by drink(saying no more about that); dancing (to songs I like);dancing (to songs I don't);having a good time.

4 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Declan Cashin said...

God I was dying on Thursday. Lady Vodka, you are a cruel mistress yet I submit my every whim to you. Let's never fight again.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Name said...

Hey Seán. Glad to see you've recovered the debauchery of last week.

Just wanted to tell you that Pat ok'ed my music programme idea so I'm hoping you're still free to lend your expertise sometime in January.
I'm going to see King Kong tonight if that's any use to your show.

Hope you're enjoying the break. talk to you again.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger John Higgins said...

Ah, Mr. Bond, we meet again. Perhaps I can challenge you to another game of World Domination sometime...or whatever it was that we were pretending to do in that pub. A long night.....

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Seán Kenny said...

Well, Mishter Higgins, I'm shertainly not a man to turn down the chance of shaving the world from deshtruction at the hands of my shuper-villain foes. Aye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home