Friday, January 20, 2006


Best Band Names
Whilst channnel-hopping the other night I happened upon a heavy metal awards ceremony (no, haven't been getting out much lately). The bands all had typically ludicrous metal Proof that a band with this name does exist

names such as 'Mastodon', 'Nightwish' and 'Satan's Arse' (ok, I made that one up). This got me thinking about band names and, more specifically, my favourite ones. So here they are...

The Tall Dwarves

John Cougar Concentration Camp

The Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash (and that's what they sound like)

The Band (cocky, but I like it)

The Trash Can Sinatras

The Tragically Hip

Death Cab for Cutie

The Nervous Wrecks

And, my favourite:

Sportsguitar (one of the oddest and strangely funniest word joinings I've heard. Note that it's not 'Sports/Guitar' or 'The Sportsguitars' but simply 'Sportsguitar'. Brilliant.)

Best name for a tribute band: The Rolling Clones (genius)

I have just discovered that Sportsguitar are from Switzerland, which somehow makes their name even funnier.

3 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Justin said...

My current favourite is a band called I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - they're pretty good as well as being niftily-named.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Justin said...

I spotted another good one while browsing through allofmp3.com - Painbastard. Beautiful.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Seán Kenny said...

I saw a great one there the other day too; Darkthrone. Their album is called 'Sardonic Wrath'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home